This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Attending college is a choice that winds up consuming a lot of time out of a student’s life.

Not having a lot of time (and money) means that students have to come up with different ways to be able to cook and eat easy to prepare and good food. I am here to share a very easy recipe that can be used for breakfast as well as lunch or dinner: Peanut Butter Pancakes. To make this recipe you’ll need:

1. Pancake Mix (Aunt Jemima or whatever you prefer)

2. Water or milk

3. Peanut Butter (Crunchy or smooth)

4. Whipped cream (optional)

5. Syrup

6. Bananas or any other fruit of preference (optional)

7. Butter

8. Cooking pan

To make the pancake batter, pour at least half a cup or a little more of the pancake mix into a bowl and add the same amount of water or milk to it and mix it well. After the batter is mixed, take a small spoonful of peanut butter, throw it into the batter and mix well. The peanut butter will make the batter thicker, you can add more water or milk if you prefer it to be thinner.

After it is mixed to your liking, you can turn on the stove to start heating up the pan. Pour a small amount of butter into it and wait until it melts so that the pancake doesn’t stick. Once the butter is melted, pour the batter into the pan. Wait until the edges are golden and flip the pancake and wait for it to be golden on the other side as well. Don’t burn it!

Once the pancake is cooked and you made sure that it wasn’t burned, you can take it out of the pan and serve it on a plate. After it is served, you can pour the syrup onto it. To make it tastier, you can cut a banana into pieces and put in on the pancake. You can use any fruit, it doesn’t need to be a banana. Finally, you can add some whipped cream to it and make it even more delicious. Enjoy!

Picture Credit: 1 2

Gabriela is currently an English Major at the University of Puerto Rico. When she isn't reading fantasy books, she can be found writing them. She is a Vegetarian Hufflepuff that loves zombie fiction, an irony in itself. An aspiring filmmaker, she one day dreams of winning an Oscar for her films.