This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Being in college has made it harder and harder for me to want to get out of bed in the morning. Lately, I have found a new routine in the morning that encourages me to get up out of bed and move around. Yoga has been lifting my mood in so many different aspects of my life.

Every morning, I have been pushing myself to wake up early and start my yoga practice. Each morning I do a 10-minute yoga exercise from YouTube on my mat in my room. During this time with myself, I take a second to think about an intention I would like to set for my day or week.

I have loved using my extra ten minutes of yoga exercise to guide how my day will go. Yoga has made my mornings very tranquil. I have also noticed that when I do my yoga it makes my days so much more stress and anxiety-free.

Yoga has made me a little bit more body confident. I have begun to become more flexible with each position and every move I flow into. Yoga has helped me realize that I can personalize the movements to my body.

I hope that anyone trying out yoga for the first time goes with the flow of it. Everyone should take some time out of their day or week to treat themselves to tranquility and alone time to help them de-stress.

Harmony Thomas is a sophomore at the University of North Texas. She is a Digital and Print Journalism major with a minor in merchandising. She loves to blog and write about fashion, music, and movies! When she is not writing you can catch her dancing to the latest Megan Thee Stallion song or shopping for the latest trends.