No More Stress: One way to a better life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

We all tell each other that we’re going to start to hit the gym from the beginning of the school year, but how many of us actually go through with it? With all the homework assigned to us, exams always being around the corner, having classes taking over half of our schedule, and social events to attend, where is the time? On top of that, some of us have jobs to deal with, as well. By the end of the day, we are all worn out and our bed seems to be the best solution. Though of course sleep is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, it’s not the only factor to one. We have to have a balance within our lives, day by day.

Yoga comes with many benefits such as enhancing your mood, improving the balance and flexibility of our bodies, reducing any future health problems, and it’s a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. Being a college student, stress and anxiety is all around us. If working out isn’t for you, a great alternative would be yoga.

After a long day of errands, pull out your yoga mat from under your bed, put on your yoga attire, and stretch your muscles. Inhale and exhale slowly. There are many yoga and breathing applications ready to be downloaded and put to use on your smart phone. For example, the Universal Breathing – Pranayama application. This application is free and is a timer to a better breathing technique. There are many other applications out there for free that best fits your needs and desires. Also, begin with the simple yoga methods presented. After some sufficient practice, move on to the harder levels. You’ll notice right away the benefits to yoga. Try it. You’ll love it!