My Favorite Workout Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

I think it is so much simpler to complete a workout when someone is telling you exactly what to do, along with how and when to do it. These applications make that possible, and I’ve grown to really like them!

1. Couch to 5K

This app is great for building endurance while running. It goes through intervals of jogging and walking. As you go along through the program, the running intervals get progressively longer, and the goal is to be able to run a 5k! I used it all summer and I could definitely run farther and for a longer time than I could before.

2. Sworkit

With tons of different options, this app will have whatever you need. From strength training to yoga, you can find something that will work for you. You can choose a workout (or customize your own) and it will go through a guided program with a video of the specific move and a timer to tell you when to switch.

3. Daily Yoga

Yoga is so relaxing, but also a great way to strengthen your core! This app includes a wide range of classes, all with different focuses. There is also a list of videos with detailed examples of hundreds of poses, so it’s great for beginners!

Liz is a current student at UNL, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Education.