This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

UNL Her Campus is making a comeback for the Spring 2019 semester! The team is enthusiastic and ready to take the chapter to new heights with the help of Campus Correspondent Mickayla Yard.

Mickayla has recently taken on the role of a Co-Campus Correspondent. She joined Her Campus at the beginning of her freshman year and UNL because of her interest in writing and the great atmosphere Her Campus provides. Her top articles include “The Long Dark: A Game You Absolutely Experience” and “12 Reasons to Watch the Office”. She is looking forward to working with Her Campus this semester and future semesters.

Mickayla is majoring in Agricultural and Environmental Science Communication. She is in her second year at the University. After graduating, She plans to use her degree to advocate for agriculture through different types of media. She has been interested in this field all her life. Mickayla grew up on a farm in a small town, where she worked with agriculture and was an active FFA member. She chose agriculture communication because it combines her love for agriculture with her love for writing and communication.

Her favorite part about UNL is the scenery and vibrant atmosphere in the fall on campus. She chose to attend UNL because of their excellent ag program and so she can be close to her family (and later she found out her best friend Halie was going). Outside of Her Campus and school, Mickayla’s hobbies include creating art of all kinds, yoga, cooking, spending time with her many pets, and being with her friends (human ones). Mickayla’s biggest goal for Her Campus this semester is to increase campus involvement and membership.

UNL Her Campus is excited to have Mickayla leading our chapter. We love her fun and positive presence on campus and can’t wait to see what she brings to the chapter and UNL in the coming years!

Halie is a junior double majoring in Political Science and Economics. She likes to spend her time watching Netflix documentaries, following politics, and hanging out with her cat Luna. This is her third year writing for UNL Her Campus and her second year as the Campus Correspondent for the chapter. 
Agriculture and Environmental Science Communication Major, class of 2021. Passionate about agriculture, writing, and art (of all kinds)!! I pride myself in being a pun aficionado and I love finding good new music!