The Best Local Spots to De-stress during Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

April is one of the busiest months of the year for college students. Between final tests and projects, the amount of stress that can build up can at times seem unbearable. Finding some time to give your brain a breather during a stressful day is important to stay sane. Below I have listed some of my favorite Lincoln joints that are great places to unwind.

Crescent Moon Coffee

If there is one thing that Lincoln seems to have a lot of, it’s coffee shops. Of all of them my favorite is Crescent Moon Coffee. Located in the Haymarket, it’s the perfect downstairs getaway that has a wonderful drink selection as well as fun board games to play. They also serve alcoholic coffee drinks for those of age. So the next time caffeine is calling your name (when isn’t it?), grab a friend and try the Crescent Moon for a cappuccino and a game of Scrabble.

Sunken Gardens

It’s officially springtime in Nebraska, which means flowers will be beginning to bloom, as well as lots of rainy days on the horizon. If the sun does peek out behind the clouds for an afternoon, put down your books and take a walk around the Sunken Gardens. Located right across from the Lincoln Zoo, the Sunken Gardens is the perfect place to get some fresh air to clear your head. It’s also free, which last time I checked is any college student’s favorite word.

The Sheldon Art Museum

Located right on campus is a hidden gem to relax and let your mind wander. The Sheldon Art Museum is the perfect place to take a quick study break. It’s quiet, cozy and of course filled with beautiful art pieces that will help any student take their mind off of the pain that is finals week. Even if art isn’t your thing, I implore you to give the museum a chance. You may be surprised on how rewarding of an experience it truly is.

Photo Credit: http://lincoln.ne.gov/City/parks/parksfacilities/publicgardens/sunken/in…