ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

You Should Keep a Journal, Here’s Why

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

For the longest time I have held on to pent up energies: happy, sad, mad – the works. I have never known how to truly express the ways in which I feel to others, sometimes even myself. It wasn’t until I was around the age of seventeen that for christmas I was gifted this hardcover small journal that appeared as a book. I have had this journal for years now and whenever I am feeling any type of emotion that I feel as though I can’t accurately express through communication with another or even sometimes myself, and need a push to help me communicate my own thoughts I document it within my journal.

Not only do I write my own workings within this journal but whenever I hear song lyrics that affect me in any type of way I write them down

I write down excerpts from novels

I write down passages from television and film – for example, Cameron Crowe’s film Almost Famous’ line “There is no Morrocco” because it holds such deep meaning to me personally. 

I note things that people say to me that resonate with me 

This journal has become my every thought, it was the most valuable gift I have ever recieved and the reason why I never punish myself for the way I feel – because within my thoughts I find poetry.

I recommend to everyone that they try out journaling, it is a great stress reliever and a great way to recollect your prior thoughts for when you find yourself in an opposing situation- to look back and see where you were prior, helping to restore your faith in yourself. 

For those who are interested in purchasing the journal I mentioned above: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1932319301/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1  

I really enjoy Gucci and Harry Styles collectively
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!