kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways to Spice Up Your Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s that mid-semester time of year and your motivation in school and to workout is slowly decreasing. You are probably getting sick of going to the gym every time you work out, especially when it’s so crowded and it’s so cold out. But that doesn’t mean you need to slack on your workouts so try these things to mix it up:

1.     Join an intramural team.

At UNH there are a ton of intramurals to get involved in and this is a perfect way to get some exercise but also have some fun and make friends while doing it. Not only that, it can get pretty competitive, which makes it even more fun. During the winter the leagues they have are basketball, table tennis, ice hockey, and billiards.

2.     Don’t be lazy

Think about how much more exercise you would get if you took the stairs or not took the bus everywhere. So instead of taking the bus to the gym or class enjoy the walk and take those few flights of stairs up to your dorm/apartment instead.

3.     Dance It Out

Make the most out of your nights out and dance whenever you have the opportunity. You’ll be having so much fun you won’t even realize you’re burning some major calories.

4.     Go For A Run

This might not seem very appealing at first but it surprisingly can be a lot more fun than hitting the busy gym all the time. UNH has a beautiful campus so take the time to explore while also getting a workout. A great place to go for a run is the college woods. You don’t have to worry about other people on the sidewalk or crossing the street. If you’re new to running then set yourself a goal and stick to it, you’ll be surprised at how good you feel.

5.     Group Classes

Take advantage of the group exercise classes at the Whitt. The class times range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes so if you’re in a rush you can still squeeze in a workout. Just a few of the classes that are offered are yoga, kickboxing, boot camp, zumba and strength.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!