This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Manifesting is a spiritual belief that your thoughts create your reality and that you can essentially control every aspect of your life based on your own self-concept and what you train your mind to believe is true. There are many different ways to manifest your desires into your life – and they’ve been proven to work. Famous celebrities have even spoken out about how they manifested their dream life and careers over the years. Here’s a list of just some of the best (and easiest) way to manifest your dream life:

1. Visualize. Visualize. Visualize.

Visualize your highest, best version of yourself – then show up as her. To get the best results, lay down in a quiet room with your eyes closed. Take a few deep breaths and start to imagine your desires manifesting in front of you and happening in your real life. Visualize every single aspect of your desire. How does it make you feel? Where are you? Who’s with you? What do you see, hear, taste, etc.? Get all the senses involved and be as descriptive and vivid as possible. Act as if it has already happened and when you’re done, let it go and release it to the Universe.

2. 3 6 9 Method

This method is one of my favorites because it’s so quick and easy. Get out a piece of paper and a pen. Write down your manifestation as a broad concept three times, the intention behind it six times and then get really specific and write it out nine times. An example would be:

Travel (3x)

I’m travelling to Italy (6x)

I’m going to Italy this summer and having a great time! (9x)

Doing this manifestation technique allows your mind to really focus on your desires as you go through the motions of repeatedly writing them down, further engraining them in your brain and training your mind that this is your reality.

3. Journaling

Similar to the 3 6 9 method, journaling involves writing: a lot of writing. Once again, get out paper and a pen. Think about your desire, visualize it in your mind, put your pen to the paper and let it all flow out. Get as detailed as possible. Describe everything. Another way to journal is to format your manifestation as a letter to the Universe, asking for your desire to come into your life. Don’t be afraid to ask for exactly what you want in as much detail as possible. The more specific, the clearer the Universe will hear you!

4. Vision Boards

Vision boards are a great way to manifest since you’re creating something physical and unique just for you. There are many different ways to create a vision board but a common way is finding pictures, quotes, etc. that have to do with your manifestations and putting them all together in a collage format. The process of finding images and connecting them all together allows your mind to visualize a version of your life where you already have all of your desires. Looking at your vision board every day will also help your manifestations to come to fruition.

5. Using crystals

Crystals can be an extremely powerful tool in the world of manifestation, but some research is involved. If you’re looking to purchase crystals and use them in your manifestation process, it’s important to go to a reputable and reliable crystal shop that sells authentic crystals. Read up on the different ones available and find what you’re most drawn to. For example, rose quartz is the crystal of love. Having crystals around you at all times has the ability to change your life if you’re open to it. Let their energy flow into you.

6. Repeating affirmations

This one is soooo important! Affirmations are words or phrases that you can repeat to yourself throughout the day (or just in the morning or at night before bed). Saying affirmations repeatedly over a period of time will train your mind into actually believing them and further aligning your vibration with the vibration of your manifestations. An example of an affirmation would be “I don’t chase, I attract. What belongs to me will simply find me.” When you feel good about yourself, good things will come. Get rid of all limiting beliefs and negative thoughts that may arise.

7. Practicing gratitude every single day

Manifestation isn’t just telling the Universe what you want and expecting it to come immediately. It requires a lot of patience, gratitude and letting go. When manifesting, it’s helpful to also create a list (mental or physical) of what you’re grateful for in your life as it currently is. Friends, family, etc. are good examples. Really think about what you’re grateful for right now and thank the Universe for where you are. Showing gratitude heightens your vibration and puts you one step closer to your dream life. Live in the now!

Senior at the University of New Hampshire