Cameron Smith-Beach Spain Europe Abroad Sunset Mountain Nature Trees Water Mediterranean Sea
Cameron Smith / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

These past few months have been completely chaotic. So much has changed in just a blink of an eye. One minute we are all going about our daily lives, and then the next we are in self quarantine at home. COVID-19 has put people in a state of constant fear. I understand that it is scary that our world has changed so drastically and this virus has taken quite the toll on the world. I however am choosing to stay during this time of crisis.

I am staying up to date with all the news that is circulating. But rather than only focusing on the progression of the virus, I find myself looking up the good news about the situation. Living in the world we do today, technology is so advanced and we have many more resources than we once did. Scientists and doctors are constantly working on this case and finding new discoveries. To me, I find that reassuring to know that so many people want to help during this pandemic. During this time the world has all come together to help and support each other get through this, which is truly amazing. So when you try to stay on top of all the news, don’t forget to look at all the good things going on in the world.

I have also continued to workout while being in self quarantine, which has been helpful for me. Being as passionate about fitness as I am, I have started doing at home workouts. Working out makes me happy and helps me stay positive. I have started following workout videos, which I haven’t done in a while. On top of that I am very fortunate to have a treadmill in my home, which I have also been using. I find walking on the treadmill to be very therapeutic and help me clear my mind. 

I have also been trying to focus on doing things that make me happy and relaxed. I tend to get stressed fairly easily, so I am taking advantage of this time to relax and take everything day by day. It has been so helpful for me to just take it one day at a time and to do something that I enjoy each day. From listening to my favorite music, to watching a good movie, to spending time with my family, I am appreciating the little moments that bring me so much joy. 

I encourage everyone to find a little joy each day and try to have a positive mindset. 

Stay Safe

Sophia

Hi I'm Sophia Badala! I am a senior here at UNH studying Business Administration with a focus in Marketing. This is my fourth year writing for Her Campus and I love being a part of this team!
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!