ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

(Not Your Average) Ways to Destress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

“Stressed”. That is something I find myself saying a lot these days, especially around finals. It is important to study and work hard during this time. Yet, it is equally as important to take care of yourself. Below are 7 things I like to do when I am feeling overwhelmed or even bored. They are not your average destressors, but they do wonders for me. Remember, it’s okay to take a study break! Use these tips to help you relax, and have fun. You deserve it!

1.Color

Coloring books are a great way to reduce stress. I like to listen to music or put on a Netflix show and just zone out. For people who get frustrated a lot I highly recommend swear word coloring books, they do wonders!

2.Bake

For me baking is relaxing, I like to get all my ingredients out and find a fun recipe online. This one I do more often at home, seeing as how I cannot fit an oven in my dorm. So, when I’m at school, I watch Buzzfeed tasty videos instead. It’s not the same, but still fun to watch!

3.Working Out

I personally do much better when I exercise. I used to play soccer in high school, but now that I am not working out everyday, I realized I carry more stress. One of the best things to do at the gym is swim. It is a workout that activates the full body. The moment you step out of that pool, your whole body feels relaxed.

4.Friendship Bracelets

Even if it is a simple design, even if it is the winter, they are still fun to make! Put on a show or grab a group of friends and take an hour to make them. They are fun to trade too.

5. Long Hot Shower

Even when you have to wear shower shoes, a hot shower is perfect for taking a second for yourself to breathe. That paired with a clean pair of pajamas, and fresh sheets makes for the perfect night of relaxation.

6.Makeup

Now this one does not work for me (seeing as how I cannot do makeup to save my life!) but I know it does wonders for my friends. For those who enjoy doing makeup you can take time to try a new look or practice an old one. Feeling good about yourself is important while studying!

7.Write a Letter to a Friend

Writing is a great way to de-stress. Sending a letter to a friend is a great way to show them you are thinking of them, and appears more genuine than the usual texting! It is also a great way to pause your hectic life and take a step back. Doing this can de-stress you and make a person’s day.

UNH 2022 @zeedeeare on instagram
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!