This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s time to talk about how important it is to be mindful of your health especially right now. So I wanted to take the time to remind everyone to please take the time to take care of you. Many of us have spring break coming up which is a great opportunity to mentally relax. It’s a nice time to have fun, be with family, and recharge. And if you are going away for the week, please be careful. Physical and mental health is very important for a happy lifestyle, so here are some tips on how you can enjoy the next week’s worry-free and happily healthy. 

First to stay physically healthy:

• Exercise regularly. Keeping in shape is not only good for your physical health, but it’s also a great stress reliever

• Eat healthy. Veggies and fruit are a great snack when you’re on the go especially at school. Grab a banana or an apple in the morning from the dining hall. 

• GET ENOUGH SLEEP. As college students, we are supposed to get 9 hours of sleep. I know for a fact I don’t get enough sleep, but since I’ve been getting sick recently, I’ve been setting a “bedtime” where I shut my phone off and make sure I’m well-rested for a new day. 

• Drink lots of water. I’ve recently been carrying around my water bottle everywhere I go and I’ve ended up drinking maybe double the amount that I used to. 

• And lastly, wash your hands. Becoming sick is as easy as coming in contact with a doorknob that someone else who is sick came into contact with. WASH YOUR HANDS. It’s our best defense against being sick. 

joaquin Phoenix speech
    golden globes from giphy

Now for your mental health 

• GET SOME SLEEP. I can’t emphasize that enough!

• Manage your stress. I find that keeping organized, doing stuff I enjoy and taking time for yourself, is one of the best ways to be mentally healthy especially when the school year gets crazy. 

• Balance your life. Schoolwork isn’t everything and partying isn’t everything. Find the right balance and trust me, not always being involved is so nice sometimes

• Maintain healthy relationships. Whatever those might be, they are the people in your life and they care so much about you. Always remember that. 

• Don’t shut out your feelings. If you need to talk to someone, then talk to someone because it will make you feel better. Or not. You can also take time for yourself too!

Treat yo self gif
    Giphy

It’s been very stressful lately keeping up with health and very scary for a couple of people. The best way to keep a routine. Stick to something that you think is best for you. If you need any more tips on how to stay healthy (especially everyone at UNH the next 3 weeks until we are back on campus) visit https://www.cdc.gov/healthyliving/index.html for tips! 

HCXO everyone and stay safe!

summer girl hawaii yoga hiking exercise view high res version
Tessa Pesicka / Her Campus

Hi! I'm Lauren and I am a Senior Genetics Major and CC for Her Campus at UNH in a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!