If you’re anything like me, you’re too broke to take a week-long vacation in the middle of the semester. While it can really suck seeing everyone’s smiling beach pics on Instagram, there are ways to make your spring break just as amazing.
Catch-Up on Self Care
The possibilities are endless here, but a few ideas include:
- getting your nails or eyebrows done
- trying an at-home face mask or hair treatment
- getting a spray tan (to look like you went on vacation)
- doing yoga or stress-relieving meditation
Make Some Extra Money
Instead of losing money on spring break, try making some! Pick up extra shifts at work or offer to babysit / pet-sit for a family in your hometown. You can also use this time to start your search for a summer internship or other future job.
Tackle Your Watch List
Do you have a bunch of movies and shows saved to watch later? Now is the time to watch them! My latest obsessions have been The Crown (Netflix), The Mindy Project (Hulu), and Girls (HBO). Check out these lists for more binge-worthy shows and must-see movies:
- 75 Best Shows on Netflix Right Now
- 75 Best Shows on Hulu Right Now
- The 25 best HBO Series of All Time
- The 30 Best Movies on Netflix Right Now
- 25 Best Movies on Hulu Right Now
- 20 Best Movies on Amazon Prime Right Now
Plan a Night Out
Go out for drinks, see the newest movie, grab a cup of coffee at brunch, or order pizza at midnight. Whether it be date night, night out with the girls, or night out with the family, treat yourself!
Catch up on laundry you’ve been too busy to do. Organize your planner with need-to-know dates and goals. Or, if you’re really ambitious, get ahead on some future assignments and save yourself some stress down the road.
Go on a Day Trip
Who says you need a plane ride? Plan a day trip somewhere that you’ve never been to. Be a tourist in your region and explore new places, you’ll be surprised at how much fun you can have close to home.
Whatever you end up doing, definitely enjoy the week away from classes, you’ve earned it!