Wellness

3 Things To Do During Your Study Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It’s no secret that with college comes studying and endless amounts of homework. As someone who seems to spend countless hours studying, I have found some activities that help cure the stress that follows those late nights spent at the library. There are so many ways to help with stress and with reviving your mind, however these are a few that I find fun and help get me moving!

Learn a tik-tok dance!

I know what you’re thinking… but seriously… I have found that learning a new dance from this up and coming app has not only helped reduce my stress but also gives me a chance to get up and move, which definitely feels good after hours of sitting. The dances on Tik-Tok are not only fun but also quick and can boost serotonin levels. 

Go for a quick gym sesh!

Everyone knows that exercising releases endorphins, such as serotonin, which trigger a positive feeling in your body. This is one of the best ways to cure that mid-study slump you might feel and restore your energy. Even just going for a quick walk outside can help increase your creativity and can promote new connections between brain cells. Exercising is definitely my favorite activity to do when I can’t get myself to focus anymore. 

Meditate!

Mediation is one of the best ways to clear your mind since it allows you to give your brain a rest and calms your body at the same time. Meditation is also known to improve your concentration and help your creativity flow. You can either meditate on your own, use meditation apps, or even meditate alongside videos on YouTube, which I find very helpful as a beginner.

I'm a junior accounting major at the University of New Hampshire
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!