kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

“The Office” Netflix Workout!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

We all know how easy it is to lay in bed or on the couch and watch an entire season (or more) of a Netflix show in one day. That laziness can feel great sometimes, but other times it can leave you feeling sluggish and like you’ve wasted a whole day or night. That’s where this workout comes in! Fact: you’re going to feel the burn. 

Photo via TBO.com

During the theme song: Pilates swimmers

Jim looks at the camera: 15 crunches

Michael takes a joke too far: 10 squats

“That’s what she said.”: 10 glute bridges

Jim and Pam have a “moment”: 20 bicycles

Angela talks about her cats: Stretch! 

“Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam.”: 5 push-ups

Jim pranks Dwight: 10 leg-lifts

Stanley is annoyed: 10 mountain climbers

Dwight says “fact” or “question”: FIfteen-second plank   

If you’re not sure how to do some of the less-common exercises, here’s a breakdown. 

For Pilates swimmers, start on your stomach. Engage your core and raise your arms out in front of you. Tighten your quads and lift your legs, keeping them straight, about 4 inches off the floor. To start “swimming,” simply pulse your hands and feet using the same movement you’d use in an actual pool, just scaled down. 

For a successful glute bridge, start on your back. Bend your knees and plant your feet on your mat (or your bed) with your heels about six inches away from your butt. Inhale, lift your hips up to the sky, and tense your glutes. Exhale to lower down. Repeat 10 times every time Michael, or anyone else, says, “That’s what she said!” 

leg-lift is actually pretty simple. Start on your back, and tilt your pelvis up so that your entire lower back is touching the mat — no arch. Using your core, lift your legs with straight knees, and lower them back down to hover about 6 inches off the ground. If you find your lower back starting to separate from the floor, don’t take your legs down as low. 

Now go on with your bad self and get to watching! Your summer body and Dunder Mifflin await you. 

Olivia is a senior at UNCW, majoring in Creative Writing. She enjoys color coding all things possible and hanging string lights year-round.