It’s amazing what you can do to burn a calorie or two.
1. Hula hooping – Fun, can be done while Netflixing, and burns 7 calories a minute.
2. Dancing – Turn up your speakers and go crazy; you’ll burn 150 calories in 30 minutes.
3. Rock Climbing – This one requires making a trip to the gym, but it’s a fun challenge and you’ll burn around 370 calories in 30 minutes.
4. Jumping rope – You’ll need some space, but just 15 minutes will burn 170 calories!
5. Punching – A punching bag (preferably), and you’ll burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes.
6. Walking Stairs – Taking a study break and walking up the library stairs for 10 minutes will burn about 90 calories.
7. Bicycling – With all of the Lime Bikes around, it’s not a tough task, and biking for only 10 minutes burns about 50 calories.
8. Reading – All that studying pays off; you’ll burn about 50 calories an hour!
If you can think of anything else calorie-burning related, use this calculator to see how many calories you might burn – you’d be surprised!