This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Hello beautiful,

If you are taking the time to read this right now, you have finally found a moment to breathe and that’s a huge accomplishment for you.

Whether you are lying in bed, on your couch, in the bathroom or in your car reading this article while you are getting ready to head to your next destination where your next responsibility awaits you, listen to me for the next few minutes.

You are becoming weak, weary and tired. Not even that second cup of coffee does anything for you anymore. You’re just living life day by day in hopes that one day all of this will pay off— and it will.

You are tired of hearing, “I don’t know how you do all of this at once… you’re like superwoman.” And you are also tired of hearing, “Did you get enough sleep last night?” Because you know by the heavy and dark bags under your eyes they can tell you have not had a good night’s sleep in over a week.

Your hair is dirty, your face is broken out, you are on the verge of tears almost every second of everyday. You are constantly stressed and not even yoga can help loosen up your shoulder muscles and you’re just surprised you have made it through another day of your hectic life.

Girl, you deserve rest too.

I’m so proud of you and everything that you have and will accomplish. You are doing things a lot of people only dream about doing. You’re busting your tail to make ends meet, get that ‘A’ in class, build that resumé and you’re kicking life’s butt even if you feel like it is kicking yours most of the time.

But it’s time for you to put yourself first.

Close your laptop, put your phone down, let that call go to voicemail, light your favorite candle and cancel those plans to go out, your friends will understand. And if they don’t, they are not a friend that you need in your busy life anyway.

Put off that thing on your to-do list until tomorrow, pour that glass of your favorite wine, WASH YOUR HAIR and go to bed early tonight.

Just because you have to work hard does not mean you have to work yourself to death seven days a week and it’s time for you to understand that.

All of those things that you need to do and the people you need to talk to and do things for will still be there when you wake up from your much-needed rest.

You are doing amazing but put yourself first today.

Love,

Your future self

Her Campus UK chapter Campus Correspondent. Senior at the University of Kentucky, majoring in journalism and minoring in information studies. If you see me around campus I'm probably rocking a messy bun with a large coffee in my hand.