This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

It’s almost over! My freshman year is nearing its end, and finding the motivation to finish strong is challenging.

One thing that is helpful is reminding yourself of all the hard work you’ve done. I have to make sure all my sleepless nights and stressful moments were not for nothing. It might also be nice to count down the days until the end of the semester. Make a note on a post-it note or whiteboard and cross out the day after it is finished.

Remind yourself to take things slow because college isn’t forever. Enjoy your college experience and drag it out as much as possible. Even when it feels like you have an overwhelming amount of work to do, make time for yourself. Try to get a good night’s sleep and treat yourself. Remember the reason you’re in school. Think of your future and all your goals.

Just like you should make time for yourself, make time to spend time with your friends. It can help relieve stress, and you make memories before everyone has to face the real world. It is also important to find help if you need it. It is never too late to ask questions about a confusing class before the exam, or even just vent to someone if you’re stressed. Talk to people if you need to so school doesn’t become too overwhelming.

I have a habit of keeping things in until I almost have a breakdown, and that could all be prevented if I followed some of these tips.

Hi, my name is Kalista Smiley. I'm currently a sophomore at the University of Kentucky majoring in digital media and design. My hobbies include hanging out with friends and family and doing any type of art project. I also really enjoy being active through hiking or working out. I currently live on campus, and I want to make my college years memorable!
Her Campus UK Contributor Account.