This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Inspired by my childhood memories, this chicken recipe will blast a taste of flavor in your mouth. In order to make this juicy, healthy chicken, all you need are the right ingredients, a good frying pan, and a baking dish. This chicken recipe can be eaten with or without sauces. I like to eat it with brown rice or mashed potatoes for meal prep purposes. Let’s get started!

Prep: 15 minutes

Cooking Time: 45 minutes

Servings: 5-6 people.

Ingredients:

• 8 to 10 drumsticks or chicken wings

•  2 tablespoons of garlic powder

•  2 tablespoons of onion powder

•  2 teaspoons of seasoning salt

•  1 tablespoon of black pepper

•  1 tablespoon of parsley flakes

•  1 tablespoon of rosemary

•  1 tablespoon of red crushed pepper

•  1 tablespoon of chili powder

•  1 teaspoon of curry powder

•  2 tablespoons of minced garlic

•  3 tablespoons of butter

•  Vegetable oil

Directions:

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Make sure you clean your chicken and cooking utensils before you begin to cook.

Step 2:  Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over the chicken. Add all of your spices and herbs to the chicken. Then, apply 2 tablespoons of minced garlic on top of the chicken. Use your hands to mix the chicken together with the spices for about 2 minutes.

Step 3:  Clean your hands and place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, you can clean up your kitchen or relax for a little bit.

Step 4:  After 30 minutes, take your chicken out of the refrigerator and turn on your frying pan. Sear the chicken pieces on each side for 2 minutes. Searing allows the flavor to pop more in your mouth when you bite your chicken.

Step 5: Turn your oven down to 350 degrees. Once you finish searing the chicken, turn off the stove and place the chicken in the baking dish. Then, pour all of the fried juices over the chicken.  Place the three tablespoons of butter over the chicken drumsticks to create a golden brown look. Bake the chicken for 45 minutes.

Step 6: Take the chicken out of the oven and serve it with brown rice, mashed potatoes, or salad. Enjoy!!!!!

Nikiya Alfred is the current events director for the UIC HER CAMPUS chapter. She's a third-year college student from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a passion for problem-solving issues in the CPS system. As an Urban Education major with a concentration in English Language Arts, she wants to explore more on Educational policy. This is the perfect opportunity for her to build relationships with other women who have a passion for writing. Please follow her on Instagram @Moondoll_7.
UIC Contributor.