The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
We’re back with another quick recipe for you all to try out! Last time, I shared with you all one of my favorite desserts for the Holidays: How to Make Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. If you haven’t read it, I encourage you to go read. This week, we are making chicken and rice. Now, it’s important to realize that there are several types of chicken and rice dishes for all types of cultures, so, disclaimer, this can be made for anybody.
- Nonstick pan or pot
- Coking scissors
- Spoon holder
- Measuring cups
- Serving dish
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Curry powder
- Black pepper
- Seasoning salt
- Kosher salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 2 1/4 cups of water or broth of choice
- 1 bag of Vigo Yellow Rice or instant rice of choice
- 2 chicken breasts
- Lemon juice
- Clean your chicken breasts by placing them in a bowl of warm water with lemon juice and salt for at least 20 minutes. This calms down the raw chicken aroma and cuts down some of the bacteria.
- After the chicken is cleaned, pour out the liquid and rinse the chicken with cold water. Pat the chicken breasts with a towel or washcloth to dry them.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks and place the pieces in the bowl. Apply your seasonings to the chicken and mix them together.
- Add oil to your pan on the stove. After 2 minutes, pour the chicken in the pan.
- Occasionally flip the chicken every 3 minutes. Then, cover the pan with a lid for 15 minutes. Make sure your stove is on low-medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the chicken.
- Once the chicken is done, place it in a bowl.
- Rinse out your pan for the rice.
- Add 2 1/4 cups of liquid and the Vigo Rice in the pan. Mix the rice and liquid together for about a minute.
- Then, place the lid on top of the pan. Let the rice cook for 15 minutes on low-medium heat.
- After the rice is done cooking, place a couple of pieces of chicken on top of the rice.
- Share with friends and family!!