photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
Wellness

How to Make Red velvet Cheesecake Brownies!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Can you believe that we are in the holiday season? I can because that lets me know that the semester is almost over. For the next three weeks up until Thanksgiving, I will be sharing some delicious recipes to help you all cook and bake new foods.

baking Supplies

• Parchment paper
  • Baking pans
  • Whisk
  • Spoon
  • Mixing bowl

Ingredients

• 3 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 pack of 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup unsweetended cocoa powder
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp red food color
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 unslated, melted butter

recipe

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line your 8×8 baking bans by spraying them with non-stick spray and placing the parchment paper in the pans.
  3. In your large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and butter until well combined. Add 2 eggs (but one at a time) into the mixture.
  4. Turn on the egg beater and add food coloring into the mixture by stirring it in.
  5. Use your baking sieve to add the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the mixture. Then, take your spoon and combine the ingredients. Scoop out 1/3 of the batter to use for later.
  6. Pour the batter into your baking pan, and make sure to spread evenly to each corner.
  7. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until it’s a smooth paste. Turn off the beater and add one egg and some vanilla to the mixture.
  8. Pour the mixture on top of the red velvet batter. Spread evenly to each corner.
  9. Take 1/3 of the brownie batter and spoon out the batter on top of the cream cheese layer. With a toothpick or a knife, create designs to drag out the brownie batter.
  10. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is firm.
  11. Let the brownies cool for 30 minutes. Then, cut them into even squares.
Nikiya Alfred is the current events director for the UIC HER CAMPUS chapter. She's a third-year college student from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a passion for problem-solving issues in the CPS system. As an Urban Education major with a concentration in English Language Arts, she wants to explore more on Educational policy. This is the perfect opportunity for her to build relationships with other women who have a passion for writing. Please follow her on Instagram @Moondoll_7.