This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Whether you are running late or don’t have time, here are some budget-friendly and effortless eats you can grub on.

1. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

This is the easiest to make, budget-friendly and keeps very well throughout the day. All you need is a minute, two pieces of bread, a jar of peanut butter and jelly or jam. I like to have my bread crispy, so I toast it before I spread the ingredients. 

2. Veggies, ham, and cheese sandwich

All you need is two pieces of bread, a slice of cheese, a slice of ham, some tomatoes and lettuce. You can also toast the bread if you want a crispy touch.

3. Fruit or green smoothie

For a tasty rejuvenating beverage, grab some fruit, milk, and press blend. If you want a detox smoothie, blend in some kale, strawberry, and spinach to your drink.   

4. Chicken breast with whole-grain crackers

If your parents have a Costco or Sam’s Club membership, you can easily grab multiple packs of chicken breasts, and the chicken breasts in the cans are pre-cooked. All you have to do is pour the chicken into a container, bring a fork and a tube of crackers with you. Scoop the chicken onto the top of your crackers, sandwich it, and devour! 

5. Tuna with whole-grain crackers

If you are not a fan of chicken, tuna is also an option! Here are the ones I usually get, it is a pack of eight, and the portions are not too big and not too small. You can carry it with you and open it like a soda can. 

6. Yogurt with granola parfait

Instead of buying the yogurt with granola included, you can purchase the yogurt by itself and grab a big can of granola pieces – it will last you awhile. Also, you are no longer deprived of the crunch satisfaction. 

7. Sunny side-up toast

If you have about ten minutes to kill, then turn on your stove to medium-low and have an egg ready. While the stove is warming up, grab the bread and start toasting your bread. Check on the stove, add a little bit of oil to prevent the egg from sticking to your pan. Crack the egg, and it will be ready as soon as the egg whites are set. Be careful not to pop the yolk while sliding the egg onto your toast. 

8. Salad

A salad is healthy and easy to make. All you need is a bag of pre-cut mixed vegetables, croutons, some olive oil, seasoning, and dressing. 

SaveSave

Hello, everyone, my name is Shirley Toy. I am a graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) with a Bachelor's in English, concentrating in Professional Writing and double minors in Spanish and Communication. I am an alum of Her Campus at UIC, where I served as a writer, Co-Campus Correspondent, and Editor-in-Chief. At the National level, I served as a Chapter Advisor for the 2017-2018 academic year. These opportunities are perfect because I get to merge my passions for writing, leadership, and technology together. Follow & Tweet me on Twitter @_shirleyst!
UIC Contributor.