5 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Exams? Papers? Labs? Classes? Work? Family? Being a college student requires a lot of work and responsibility. We sometimes allow our busy schedules to control our lives and as a result we barley have time for ourselves. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your day, by still having a little “me” time.

1. Plan ahead

The night before plan out everything you need to accomplish the following day and the amount time it will take to get those tasks done. This will allow you to see how many hours of the day we be devoted to your tasks. Bonus: Pick out the outfit you plan on wearing the following day, so you don’t have to waste time finding an outfit the following morning.

2. Wake up early

Classes start at noon? No excuses set your alarm to wake up early and get some work done. Just think to yourself, the rest of the day can be used for your social life and your work is already done so there is no conflict.

3. Eat healthy and workout

Eating healthy and working out for about 30-45 minutes out of the day will help you get through the day without having those sugar crashes. You will feel better about yourself and have the energy to keep the day going.

4. Set aside “me” time

It is so easy to get caught up in the things that are happening around us that we don’t realize that most of our time and energy is being devoted elsewhere. Take about 15-30 minutes out of your schedule to sit back, close your eyes and reflect on yourself.

5. Smile

Having a positive spirit will allow you to get through your day. Plus, you will feel good.

Raven is sophomore at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She majoring in UIC college of education as an early childhood educator. She dreams of one day teaching in both private and public schools. She has a passion for young people and most importantly patience. During Raven's free time from class she likes to shop, catch up on missed shows and more SHOPPING. Raven is sometimes shy but love meeting new people - ironic!  
UIC Contributor.