4 Ways To Love Yourself On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Valentine’s Day, the holiday of love and all things beautiful, can sometimes represent sadness if we get too caught up on our relationship status. Valentine’s Day isn’t just for the couples, but is a great day to indulge in the greatly needed self-love and self-care. Here are some ways to care for yourself this Valentine’s Day.

1. Eat a healthy, yummy breakfast

When was the last time you sat down and ate a healthy and delicious breakfast? This is something so simple that we tend to look over with our hectic schedules. Taking the time to construct a great breakfast for yourself is an easy way to start the day off positively and let yourself know that you’ve got your back.

2. Get a manicure/pedicure

Whenever I need a boost of confidence, I get my nails done. If you are low on funds, doing your own nails or your nails with a friend is a cheap alternative that can still greatly bring up your self-esteem. When you look good, you feel good. 

3. Pamper yourself/get pampered

If you are really feeling special, a spa day is a great way to relax yourself while being cared for. If you don’t want to actually go to a spa, bring the spa home! Make sugar scrubs, face masks, draw a bubble bath, eat sweets, and whatever else helps you relax. 

4. Treat yourself to dinner

Go out and buy yourself a good dinner from wherever you are craving. If you don’t feel like going out, order in some food and snuggle up to a favorite movie. The awesome thing is that this is all about you, enjoy being able to eat from wherever you want without any compromising. 

5. Go to bed early

Going to bed early helps the self-loving go on into the next day. The next day you will be thankful for your rest and will feel even more relaxed than the night before.

All in all, have fun. Make this Valentine’s Day about pleasing yourself. You’ll find that focusing on you decreases your stress greatly and can be even more pleasing than worrying about another. Make sure to love and care for yourself first because you will always have your back. 

Ariana Antonelli is an English major at University of Illinois at Chicago who loves baking, cooking, DIY projects, and writing. Ariana has been collecting recipes for two years and she loves to share them with whoever is willing to listen. Ariana loves giving and receiving self-help and girl advice and is excited to make Her Campus her platform for doing so.
UIC Contributor.