This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UIC chapter.

Thumbnail photo courtesy of Huffington Post

February is, commonly, known to be the month of love and romance, but it’s also a month to use the excuse of loving yourself a little more than usual. Plus, loving yourself is most important because who loves you more than yourself?

1. Take a yoga class

Photo credit to Eclipse Massage Therapy 

Yoga is a way to focus on your body and mind. Depending on the type of yoga you choose to take, it is also a great exercise to help you stay in shape, build your endurance, and flexibility. You’re probably thinking “Aren’t yoga classes usually expensive?” Yes, but you can take advantage of Yoga Six’s new student deal: a week of unlimited classes and studio time for $20! This is a pretty awesome deal, so why not take advantage of this deal and gain a little me time to relax and focus on your zen self. Especially during the semester. Click Here to check out their sign-up sheet!

2. Cook a meal and/or a treat for yourself Photo courtesy of Google

You don’t have to be Gordon Ramsey to have the best Valentine’s Day meal ever. Try following a recipe from the Food Network, or use this cookie recipe to make something sweet for yourself. If all else fails, pizza is always a good pairing with Netflix.

3. Take a bath

Photo courtesy of Lush

Baths can be very soothing, especially with the Lush “In Your Dreams” wrapped gift to help you relax, and pamper yourself after a long day of classes or work. You can find it here!

4. Girl’s Night Out

Photo courtesy of Google

Go out with your besties, and have a great time getting a meal together, going to a museum, watching a movie together, or have a spa day. A great place to get a meal around campus is Tuscany Restaurant on Taylor Street. If you and your friends want to get a nice, fancy meal with cocktails and a delicious bowl of pasta for a low cost, Tuscany is the place for you. Plus, UIC students get 20% off by showing their valid i-Card! Check out their website to see all the amazing deals Tuscany has to offer this Valentine’s Day.

Whether you’re spending Valentine’s Day alone or with your SO, I hope you all have an amazing Valentine’s Day and continue to love yourselves, collegiettes. 

I am a first-generation college student who is pursuing a bachelor's degree in communication. I am passionate about social media and the way that it allows us to connect with communities of people all over the world. I like to write about the effects of social media on our day-to-day lives, social media tips to gain followers, lifestyle, food, and things to do in Chicago.
UIC Contributor.