This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

$ Korean + Mexican, Asian Fusion, Food Truck

5555 Morningside Dr. Houston, TX 77401

Offers: kimchi fries, sandwiches, quesadillas, tacos

Houston is home to a plethora of food trucks, but don’t waste your time trying any other truck that serves kimchi fries because Gogi is truly the best. It’s open late and is perfect for those late-night cravings.

There’s usually a line but it goes quickly + it’s totally worth it.

Everyone (me) usually gets the OMG! Fries. It comes with Korean beef, colby jack, onions, cilantro, spicy mayo, and sriracha. There’s a chicken option, and a veggie option but I personally have only tried the Korean beef. The meat is cooked perfectly, and everything is proportioned well. They leave some sriracha on the counter if you want to add extra spice. The fries are priced at $6, and on Wednesdays you can get a dollar off with a student ID!  

A lot of people recommend getting the loaded Gogi fries which comes with double the meat, kimchi, and a fried egg on top.  

Because it’s a food truck there’s no seating, but there are stairs to a pub nearby that my friends and I usually sit on.  

XO, hungriman 

Tip: bring a water bottle with you when you go unless you want to spend $1 on a drink.

-----
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."