This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Morgan Stahl is a sophomore majoring in architecture. She has made her impact at UH early on by becoming the secretary of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS). Find out more about this beautiful young lady!  

What does your organization do? 

Aias promotes excellence in architecture education and training by fostering an appreciation of architecture, design, ​​​​related disciplines. Also, we enrich communities in a spirit of collaboration and organize students throughout the U.S. and combine their efforts to advance the art and policy of architecture everywhere. 

Position duties?

Record meeting agendas and notes, mentor new students and interested members, keep our social media platforms updated with events and flyers, recruit new members and pass around flyers, bring attention to events and workshops, and bring an enthusiastic attitude.

What are you looking forward to the most this semester? 

Finally being able to design a building, the professors believe strongly in learning to crawl before you walk so last year the closest I got to design an actual building was a very abstract room.

Describe the type of building you would love to design. 

I think it would be super cool to design an amusement park or an airport. Something huge and open to a lot of freedom in design (amusement parks are just super fun).

Explain a challenging aspect of architecture that no one would think of. 

One thing that is actually really difficult to explain to someone about architecture is how difficult a simple project may be, especially in first year when everything is very simplified. Our projects have a lot more underneath then just putting a bedroom next to a living room.

Who is someone you adore the most? 

Hands down, my parents. A lot of people would  say the way they force me to mature is not fair (like not helping pay for college), but it has helped me to create my own independence and reinforce that resilience that I have when things don’t go right and I have to find a new solution.

Name your favorite movie, and why?

Master of disguise! I know all the lines by heart and all the fake accents and personas make me laugh so hard that I cry every time.

Would you rather never have to get your eyebrows done or never have your nails done? 

Omg, nails never done. I have my dad’s eyebrows and well, he doesn’t have a uni-brow, but it does look like giant hair caterpillars on his face, which is why when I go get my eyebrows done, I tell people my caterpillars are turning into butterflies.

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."