This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

University of Houston alumna Mair Emenogu completed her corporate communication and marketing degree in 2010. She promised her father that she would complete college in two years, and you’d better believe that she skipped hectic college parties to achieve it!

Soon after she graduated, Mair found work at an engineering firm. However, one day, she felt like taking the chance to create her own business—a perfume line.

Mair went through many Whole Foods and HEB stores to find essential oils that she wanted to see come to life in her perfume. She walked up and down many aisles before choosing three scents to work with: bergamot, jasmine and amber.

Mair then experimented at home with petri dishes before she searched for a chemist to help her create her mesmerizing scent. After various attempts to perfect the fragrance, she surprisingly, and joyously, fell in love with the 57th trial.

When asked about what motivates her, Mair simply said, “Gospel music is the inspiration of my life [such as] Donald Lawrence.”

Mair has a personal connection with abstract art and has captured the very essence of brain waves on her perfume’s packaging. The design directly corresponds to its name, Remember When, which signifies the times Mair has reminisced about Miami.

Mair enjoys travelling alone and plans on travelling much more while launching her fragrance.

Other than Oprah and Anna Wintour, one of Mair’s greatest inspirations is Rachel Zoe.

”She’s a hustler and she never quits,” Mair said.

Everything has fallen into place for Mair and her brand. She has discovered herself throughout this journey. Mair has done an exceptional job representing UH’s many entrepreneurs by consistently setting her eyes on the prize.You can purchase Mair’s fragrance, Remember When, here. She is offering a 10% discount for UH students and readers. Use #UH10 during checkout within the next 60 days to receive an offer that cannot be missed.

Thutrang, also known as Mimi, is a student at the Conrad N. Hilton College majoring in Hotel and Restaurant Management with an emphasis in Event Management. Ideally, she likes to explore in positive magnitudes whether it consists of social interactions or spiritual guidance. She is an open-minded person who is more than likely to find your sense of taste in music, conspiracies, clothes, dreams, study habits, etc. inspiring. 
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."