This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

$$ Ÿ American (traditional) 

2424 Dunstan Rd Houston, TX 77005

2555 Kirby Dr Houston, TX 77019

Open 7 days a week: 10 am – 8:30 pm

Offers: sandwiches, salads, gluten-free 

* Zagat rated *

Local Foods is the perfect place to go to if you’re trying to make a life change and eat healthier when going out for lunch. They offer a variety of healthy options: quinoa, vegan soups, salads, jalapeño hummus, and sandwiches.

They have two locations, but he Kirby location has a gorgeous outdoor patio. It’s a great place to rent a big table to throw a nice birthday lunch. It’s also a great date place for you and your boo to soak up some sun.

Personally, I would recommend the crunchy chicken sandwich. It comes on a pretzel bun which is what I believe makes it so tasty. You can switch to house made gluten free bread upon request for $1.50. The sandwich also comes with provolone, crushed potato chips, nut-mix, house pickles, tomato, and buttermilk ranch. They give you the option to pick two sides. Oftentimes I pick the homemade chips, and watermelon (seasonal) as my side. They also offer you the choice to pick vegan potato salad, quinoa, Tuscan kale, beets, soba noodles, vegan chili and chicken orzo soup.

It’s not the cheapest place at $11 for a sandwich. However, healthy food will always cost a little more than your average lunch place. As young people we often forget how important it is to take care of our bodies and focus on what we intake. Local Foods is the perfect place for a regret-free meal.

XO, hungriman

-----
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."