Style > Beauty

Ana’s Advice: 5 Beauty Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Ever fight with frizzy hair, shoes that hurt like a bitch, and making the perfect cat-eye? Use these quick and easy tips to help make life a whole lot easier!

1.     Tame your static hair.

Struggle with frizzy hair? Stick a dryer sheet into your brush and brush your hair to get rid of the frizz.

2.     Stretch out your shoes.

Bought your shoes one size too small? Stretch them out by putting water into a Ziploc Bag, sticking it inside the shoe, and putting it in the freezer. Let it sit for about 24 hours and watch your shoe expand! This is also great to help break in your shoes so your ankles and toes don’t pay the price!

3.     Keep your brows in place.

Want your eyebrows to be on fleek? Apply a tiny amount of clear lip balm on a spoolie (brush designed for your lashes and brows), and run it over your eyebrows. This acts as a wax and helps your eyebrows stay in place throughout the day.

4.     Conceal your dark circles.

This is a great tip when pulling all-nighters. Use a little bit of orange lipstick or concealer before applying a skin-toned concealer to hide those gruesome, dark, under-eye circles.

5.     Put on eyeliner perfectly.

Have trouble getting the perfect eyeliner application? Apply tape to the sides of your eyelids to get the perfect cat-eye.

Ana is a junior at the Unuversity of Houston- GO COOGS! She is a HR major, minoring in Mathematics. Her favorite things consists of skittles, Friends reruns, and retail therapy. She has a passion for all things beauty- makeup, fashion, skincare, etc.. "Because on a bad day, there is always lipstick."
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."