This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

Summer is right around the corner and while our professors are busy finalizing grades, we’re busy finalizing our summer plans. If you’re spending the summer in Houston, there’s no need to feel like you’re missing out.

1.Make it a museum day

Houston has one of the most robust museum districts in the country. There are more than 100 other museums in the greater Houston area. Several of them have free admission days, or are always free like UH’s Blaffer Museum and The Menil.

2.See a show

Houston is known for its live music scene. On any given night, you can guarantee that there is a show happening somewhere. Tons of artists are making a stop in Houston on their summer tours, playing venues like Warehouse Live, White Oak Music Hall and House of Blues. If outdoor festivals are more your speed, the Vans Warped Tour and Free Press Summer Fest are also gearing up for another year.

3.Eat, and then eat again

As the fourth largest city in the U.S., you’d better believe that Houston is home to some of the best restaurants in the nation. New eateries are opening up daily, leaving you with a ton of new dishes to test drive.

4.Treat yo self

Make it a spa day and hit up some of the city’s best relaxation spots. Houstonians rave about Hotel ZaZa’s ZaSpa, Urban Oasis and Mokara Spa. Treat yourself to massages, saunas, meditation and mani-pedis and leave feeling even more luxurious than when you went in.

5.Club hop

No Houston staycation guide would be complete without mentioning the city’s nightlife. The downtown, midtown and Montrose areas are bursting at the seams with hip and happening nightclubs and bars.

BreeAngela Hamilton is a senior studying print journalism and computer graphics technology at the University of Houston. She is the Managing Editor of Her Campus UH. Her favorite pastimes include watching reruns of Law & Order: SVU and listening to music at a high volume while navigating traffic. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @breeelyse_.
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."