3 Reasons You Should Sit Back and Enjoy Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UH chapter.

YAS! It’s finally fall, although it always doesn’t feel like it. And with fall comes festivities. The biggest celebration of all is Thanksgiving. Sadly, we overlook this Turkey filled day, so here are three reasons we should give Thanksgiving some love!

1: Family and Friends

Thanksgiving brings families together who may live apart for most of year, so cherish that time together. You can also reflect on the great friendships you’ve formed that get you through the year.

2:  Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade and Football

Whether you’re outside or surrounding the TV indoors, Thanksgiving events gives you a chance to take time and bond with the ones around you.

3: Thanksgiving Meal

Who doesn’t love food, especially all Thanksgiving Day. Your family pulls out all the stops, and makes dishes you only get to eat once a year.

So, give Thanksgiving a chance, and don’t rush it!

HELLO! My name is Denia Gomez. I am a Latino first generation student at the University of Houston. I'm majoring in Biochemistry (YAY! Science). I am the youngest of four and the only girl. On my free time i like to hang out with family and friends and go on spontaneous adventures, like random road trips to San Antonio or Dallas. I also enjoy a good cup of tea and a good read. And when all fails, my favorite thing to do is to sleep!
"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things - thoughts, ideas, opinions."