How to Navigate Free Week at Ramsey Like A Pro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UGA chapter.

Ahh! The smell of fresh (and overly expensive) textbooks and new t-shirts professing [insert organization’s name here] love for the dawgs can only mean one thing: school is officially back in session! One of the best things about a new semester is that it comes with a free week of fitness classes at our beloved gym, Ramsey! Free week is a great time to try something new and have a blast with your friends, but navigating free week can be tough and just as hard as navigating through campus. The fitness student center is flooded with collegiettes from all across the campus looking to get in shape for those Labor Day lake trips. To make sure you are able to squeeze into that Yogalates class you’ve been eyeing, follow these tips!

The early bird catches the worm! Be sure to show up 10 minutes early to the class you want to take. Chances are there are at least 10 other collegiettes hoping to join that very same class, so be sure to show up early to make sure you snag a spot!

Try something new! It’s called free week for a reason! Free week allows for collegiettes to try new and exciting classes free of penalties (and those pesky fees!) Always wondered what it would be like to have your chance in the ring? Sign up for a women’s kickboxing class and take out all those Drop/Add week frustrations. 

Be Mindful! Free week  can be a fun time, but also a hectic one for both collegiettes and the Ramsey staff! Staffers hit the gym at 5 AM to get it ready for collegiettes, so remember to be mindful of them, as well as your fellow collegiettes, looking to take a free class. Don’t fret if you miss any classes, there is always spring semester free week!

Hope to see you at Ramsey!

A student journalist at the University of Georgia, Brittini Ray has been writing for HCUGA since fall 2011. This past spring, she became the president of Her Campus UGA. Brittini also interns for zpolitics.com. She hopes to learn more about news and the journalsim industry.   Follow Brittini on Twitter