This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

We all have those moments when we are just craving some delicious brownies, and sometimes a box just doesn’t cut it. I’ve got you covered. Here’s my recipe for the most bomb brownies you can imagine.

Ingredients

• 10 tablespoons browned butter

• 1 ¼ cups brown sugar

• ¾ cup cocoa powder

• ½ teaspoon salt

• ¼ teaspoon baking powder

• 2 eggs

• 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract

• ⅔ cup flour

• 2 ounces chocolate chips (optional)

Method

1. Pre-heat the oven to 350℉.

2. Browning butter can take a recipe to a whole new level with nice, nutty flavors. It’s a simple process: add sliced butter to any pan or pot, on medium heat. Whisk it frequently and watch for foam. Once the foam subsides, the butter will take on a richer, darker quality. Once the aroma takes on a nutty quality, the butter is ready. Take the pan off the stove to avoid burning the butter, because if that happens you’ll have to start all over again.

3. While the butter cools down, measure out the dry ingredients, and combine the cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder. Save the flour for the end of the process.

4. Beat the two eggs until the yolk and whites have combined smoothly. Now mix the eggs, butter and vanilla.

5. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Make sure to get all the lumps out. Once that’s finished, it’s time to add the flour. Stop mixing once the flour is incorporated into the batter.

6. Finally, if you’re adding chocolate chips, gently fold them in to avoid developing gluten.

7. Grease a 9×13 pan or line it with wax paper. Pour in the mixture and pop that beauty in the oven for about 40 minutes. You’ll want to keep an eye on the brownies once you can smell that heavenly aroma, and use the good old fashioned toothpick trick to determine doneness.

Enjoy!

Photo Credit: www.recipeshubs.com

Nicolle is a third-year Linguistics major at UF. This is her first semester with Her Campus UFL, and she is psyched to be a part of the editorial team. You can usually find her hanging out near the $5 movie bins of your local store. Nicolle enjoys eating burritos, cleaning her kitchen, surfing iwastesomuchtime.com, and complaining about the humidity.