Fitness with Finesse: Work out to your Favorite Friends Episode

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Friends just came on Netflix this January, and you know what that means… hours of Netflix in bed! Now, you have a way to work out and still enjoy your favorite episodes of the hit TV series. This workout incorporates the classic parts of the shows, the parts you love the most and a quick, intense workout. It’s time to get out of your bed, and get some exercise! Every time one of these things happens in the show, do the exercise associated with it.

1. Joey flirts with a girl:Do 10 squats; make sure your knees are at a 90-degree angle, and your feet are shoulder-width apart. Every time Joey says his famous line, “How you doin’?” you know what to do!

2. The Central Perk sign is shown:Do 20 crunches. The gang is always at this classic coffee shop, so you’ll be getting a great ab workout.

3. Someone opens Monica’s fridge:Do five pushups. Chandler and Joey are always eating her food, so be ready!

4. The gang looks out the window at Ugly Naked Guy:Do 30 seconds of six inches this time. Lie on your back, and hold your legs straight out with your feet six inches above the floor.

5. Chandler says something sarcastic:Do five jumping jacks. I know he’s sarcastic almost 24/7, so this one isn’t too hard to spot.

5. Ross corrects someone:Do three side crunches on each side. Ross is always correcting the gang on grammar, facts and especially history!

6. Gunther mentions Rachel:Touch your toes for 10 seconds. Sit on the floor with your feet straight out in front of you, and reach for your toes. Stretching is important, and Gunther’s love will lead you to a flexible body.

If you don’t watch Friends, you can alter this to work for your favorite show to binge watch. Just choose your favorite iconic parts of the show. Now use this workout to get yourself off the couch while still binge watching Netflix!

Photo credit: cdn-media-1.lifehack.org