bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness with Finesse: 3 Reasons Why You Need to Start Squatting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Let’s cut straight to the chase, the nicest curve on a woman’s body is her butt! That’s right, I said it. It’s all about the “bootay.” Squatting can help you achieve great butt goals and impact your life in numerous positive ways. How do we achieve such glory? Why is the butt such a coveted body part? Here are four ways that squatting and the perfect butt impact your life.

1. It makes you feel more sexy and confident.If you have great “ASSsets,” you can achieve the confidence level of Beyoncé. We all have that pair of bottoms, whether it’s our favorite bandage skirt, high-waisted shorts or skinny jeans, that just makes our butt pop. When you put them on, you feel like the world is at your fingertips, and doing your daily squats will shoot that confidence through the roof.

2. You’ll have the chance to improve something about your body.We are born with many things we can’t change about ourselves whether it’s the color of our eyes or our height. Although there are things about us that we can’t change (well, non-surgically that is), we can always change and shape our body if we put in the necessary work. Squats and other butt exercises can transform your butt into the perfect derrière of your dreams.

3. Your dancing skills will rival those of Beyoncé.

For the majority of us who aren’t trained in sophisticated styles of dancing like ballet, our dancing consists of moving our body, and more specifically, shaking what your mama gave you. When you’re out on a Friday night dancing somewhere in Midtown, you’ll be glad you did those extra squats when the cute guy walks your way.

The beauty about butts is that there is no perfect model. Butts come in all shapes and sizes, and with the help of squats, they can be molded into a butt that is perfect for you. Now, no matter how big your butt may be naturally, no amount of squats will make you look like Nicki Minaj, and that’s fine because her butt isn’t natural anyway. Be you, and squat your way to a glorious butt. Get to the gym and get to work, collegiettes!

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!