Welcome back! I’m Ellen, and I’ll be blogging for “The Dish” this semester.
Although we’re not too far into the semester yet, I can already see the stress in some students as they head to the library with arms full of books and study guides. Since stressed spelled backwards is desserts, I thought I’d share a recipe to sweeten up a night of studying. How does Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies sound?
Making these cookies is so easy, and it doesn’t take long either. I recommend buying a box of chocolate chip cookie mix in order to speed up the process, but making it from scratch works as well.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pack of Oreos
- Cupcake wrappers
- Any box of chocolate chip cookie mix
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a mixing bowl, and add in the chocolate chip cookie mix, then add it the required amount of eggs and butter (usually one egg and half a cup of butter) and mix until it’s smooth.
- Most people take an Oreo and wrap the cookie mix around it, but because it can get really messy and take a while to do each cookie, I found an easier way to do it. Take a cupcake tin and add the amount of cupcake wrappers needed. (Make sure to use baking spray so it won’t stick!) Then, using a tablespoon, get some of the cookie mix and place it in each wrapper. Add an Oreo on top, and then add another tablespoon of cookie mix on top of the Oreo. The Oreo should be completely covered.
- Place the tin in the oven for approximately 10-13 minutes, or until it looks like a golden-brownish color.
When the cookies are done, they’ll look like regular chocolate chip muffins. But rest assured that when you take a bite, they will taste like an overdose of delicious cookies. I recommend waiting at least 15 minutes to let them set and cool down, but no one will judge you if you dig right in! Enjoy!