Wellness > Health

The Best Workout for You, Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

There’s something special about the first month of being back on campus. You can catch up with old friends, visit the restaurants you suddenly missed over the summer and celebrate by either partying or buying new school supplies (or a little bit of both, tbh). If you’re anything like me, you might decide that now is the perfect time to finally establish a fitness routine that sticks. You might meal prep, sign up for a few workout classes and go for about a week before the excitement of having an Instagram-model body wears off. What’s next? Let’s look at the stars and see what your horoscope has to say about your perfect workout. 

1. Virgo

Your personality traits: Our disciplined Virgo is the perfect sign for a Stadium Conditioning class. The combination of running, jumping and climbing is sure to leave a body looking as sculpted as the statue of David.

Your perfect workout: Stadium Conditioning

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation Center on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at 5:30 p.m.

2. Libra

Your personality traits: The balanced, compassionate and sometimes indecisive Libra craves a workout that offers a different challenge at every session. Boot Camp is a match made in heaven for our beloved scales. This workout offers a nice balance of consistency and variety that will transform your mind and body, leaving you in a better mood at the end of each workout.

Your perfect workout: Boot Camp

Available on campus: Weekly at Maguire Field every day except Saturday at 5:30 p.m.

3. Scorpio

Your personality traits: Scorpio, your creativity is contagious. What better way to challenge your core strength and express your creativity than by taking a Center Barre class? You’ll finally feel like the superstar you are.

Your perfect workout: Center Barre 

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation center on Thursday at 8:15 p.m. Also available weekly at Southwest Recreation Center on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m.

4. Sagittarius

Your personality traits: Sagittarius, don’t let the sweaty boys in the weightlifting corner give you gym-intimidation. A few reps of weighted squats, deadlifts and pull-ups are the perfect exercises to help this mentally strong sign say goodbye to stress.

Your perfect workout: Weightlifting

Available on campus: No — but although there is no class at UF specifically for weight training, there are tons of YouTubers who have documented their fitness journeys and shared their exercise tips and tricks. My personal favorite YouTuber for weight-training routines is Stephanie Buttermore. She received a Ph.D. in Pathology and now dedicates her life to creating fitness routines and inspiring others to live their fittest life.

5. Capricorn

Your personality traits: Our grounded earth sign is about to take flight, Capricorn. Time to get out of your comfort zone by trying Acro Yoga. With combined techniques from yoga and aerial dancing, you’re sure to feel as light as air after each session.

Your perfect workout: Acro Yoga

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation & Fitness Center on Tuesday at 6:45 p.m. 

6. Aquarius

Your personality traits: For a type that loves to go with the flow, look no further than Interval Training, Aquarius. This workout class will leave you feeling refreshed, restored and rejuvenated with its various full-body workouts.

Your perfect workout: Interval Training

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation & Fitness Center on Monday at 6:15 a.m., Wednesday at 6:15 a.m. and 3 p.m., Thursday at 12 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Friday at 6:15 a.m.

7. Pisces

Your personality traits: Pisces, do you sometimes feel like a fish out of water because of your busy schedule? There’s no better workout for you than swimming. Float your cares away, or speed through laps like Ryan Lochte.

Your perfect workout: Swimming

Available on campus: Weekly at Florida Pool on Tuesday and Thursday at 6 p.m.

8. Aries

Your personality traits: The feisty Aries needs a workout just as intense as they are. A kickboxing class is a perfect way for this fire sign to keep their cool.  

Your perfect workout: Kickboxing

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation & Fitness Center on Tuesday at 5:45 p.m. and Wednesday at 7 p.m. Weekly classes are also available at Southwest Recreation Center on Monday at 5:30 p.m. and Thursday at 7 p.m.

9. Taurus

Your personality traits: Taurus, your ability to make thoughtful decisions and maintain your inner peace makes you the perfect sign for Hatha Yoga. Consider a 45-minute class as your weekly dedicated “you time.”

Your perfect workout: Hatha Yoga

Available on campus: Weekly at Southwest Recreation Center on Tuesday and Thursday at 6:15 a.m.

10. Gemini

Your personality traits: Geminis are known for being outgoing, creative and naturally curious. If you’re looking for an effective workout that doesn’t require running, heavy machinery or too much sweat, turn to Pilates! This workout is slightly more intense than yoga, but you’ll definitely be feeling sore the next day.

Your perfect workout: Pilates

Available on campus: No — but although you won’t be able to attend a Pilates class at a UF gym, tune in to YouTuber and Pilates queen Cassey Ho (also known as Blogilates). Her channel will have you feeling toned and terrific as soon as you complete your first workout. 

11. Cancer

Your personality traits: The loving crab is known for being the most sympathetic and protective sign, but even the most stable sign needs an outlet. Enter: cycling. Cycling is the perfect activity for the Cancer sign, as you’ll be able to clear your mind and flood your body with endorphins that’ll help you feel better long after your ride.

Your perfect workout: Cycling

Available on campus: There are 45 classes offered weekly at Student Recreation & Fitness Center and Southwest Recreation Center.

12. Leo

Your personality traits: Leo, everyone knows that the lion is the star of the show. Zumba is the perfect way for you to channel your inner diva and burn some calories at the same time.

Your perfect workout: Zumba

Available on campus: Weekly at Student Recreation & Fitness Center on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 5 p.m. and on Friday at 3 p.m. Weekly classes are also available at Southwest Recreation Center on Monday at 9:30 p.m. and Tuesday at 8:15 p.m.

Whether you decide to go to the gym to socialize or shed a few unwanted pounds, we hope the stars lead you to your perfect workout class!

Cayela is a junior at the University of Florida studying Journalism and costume design. She has a passion for street style, sewing and empowering others. She loves to write fun, well-researched articles with a focus on social justice. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @cayecuev