10 Apps Every College Girl Needs on Her Phone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In coming to college, I never really had any truly useful apps on my phone, unless you consider Facebook and Instagram useful. I quickly came to learn that there are so many apps out there that can make your life so much easier, especially while in college. By downloading the ten apps listed below, you will feel more productive and ready to take on each day.

1. Uber

Getting around on a college campus can be hard, especially if you don’t have a car or if the parking situation is a nightmare. Uber can help.

2. Venmo

If you and your friends don’t have Venmo yet, get it ASAP. It allows you to connect the app to a credit or debit card which you can then use to pay back your friends. No cash needed.

3. Evernote

Use this for to-do lists, voice memos and note-taking on your phone. You can be on Instagram for most of class, but also have the chance to be writing down the important stuff.

4. Spotify

Make playlists for studying, partying and everything in between.

5. Mint

We’re all pretty broke in college, but keeping track of your finances with this easy-to-use app can help out with that. You can make your mom happy by at least looking like you have your finances in order.

6. Hooked

For the best deals on food on and around your campus, download Hooked. It’s basically a bunch of coupons that you can use at various restaurants (sometimes there will even be offers for free food).

7. MyFitnessPal

I’m sure we all get at least 10,000 steps a day walking to and from classes, but just to make sure, download this app and track your overall health as well.

8. Dropbox or Google Drive

This is extremely handy for group projects so that you can collaborate on-the-go (without needing your computer).

9. Some sort of news app

Whether it be the New York Times (UF students get a free subscription!) or the Orlando Sentinel, a news app is a must when you are in college in order to stay up-to-date with what is going on in the world. While you’re at it, download the news app for your local or college newspaper too.

10. Your school’s safety app

This is a big one; here at UF, the safety app is called GatorSafe. It can be used to trigger UFPD to come to your location immediately with just a click of a button and gives you a report or alerts of local crimes. Hopefully you’ll never really have to use this, but it is definitely worth having.

Even if you download at least half of these apps, you’re off to a great start, but trust me, by the time you graduate, you’ll most likely have them all downloaded. They’ll come in handy soon if not now, so get to downloading!

Photo credit: obamapacman.com