Workout Like a Victoria’s Secret Model

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

There’s no argument that Victoria’s Secret models have some of the most coveted and sought-after bodies that exist. They train all year in preparation for the Victoria’s Secret fashion show. Here are some tips on how to exercise like a VS model! Don’t forget, a VS body is made 20% in the gym and 80% in the kitchen! 

1. Cardio

Image via Giphy

VS models make cardio a large part of their fitness routine. Cardio is extremely important to include in a workout regimen! Try incorporating spin, boxing, or jumping rope to improve your fitness levels!

2. Resistance Training

Image via Giphy

Resistance training improves muscular strength and endurance! It’s a highly effective way to tone your muscles. Invest in dumbbells or resistance bands for a convenient at-home workout. Incorporate donkey kicks or fire hydrants if you’re trying to build a bigger booty!

3. Strength Training

Image via Giphy

Incorporate weights into your workout regimen! VS models often focus on a particular muscle group rather than focusing on a full body split.

4. Balance Exercises

Image via Giphy

Balance exercises are very effective as it forces you to activate your core! Many VS models place an emphasis on balance. This can be seen when they are in their favorite New York gym, Dogpound! Try squats, deadlifts, leg raises, or push-ups on a bosu ball! Incorporate these into a HIIT workout for maximum fat burn!

5. Yoga

Image via Giphy

Yoga is an important part of a VS model’s training regimen. Yoga can be qualified as both cardio or strength training! Yoga helps keep you lean and toned! In addition to the physical benefits, yoga is great for the mind and spirit!

Shannie Kuo is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and has a degree in English. Her passions include health, fitness, photography, and food and she always strives to look for balance within her life. She enjoys going to the farmers market, discovering new coffee shops, and meeting new people. She hopes to find a career that will reflect her passions and allow her to connect with people nationwide.
Hi, Collegiettes! I'm Carmen, a Communication major at University of California, Santa Barbara and one of two Campus Correspondents for UCSB. I would love to one day work in either fashion, food, tech, financial services or philanthropy. My dream is to find a job that somehow combines several of those elements. Until I get there, I'll be munching on copious amounts of Trader Joe's dried mango, jamming out to my man, Frank Sinatra, and focusing on creating intriguing content! If you like my writing, talk to me. ;)