This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Okay so I am obsessed with acai bowls and I basically want one anytime of the day. This habit can get pretty expensive to fund due to the fact that acai bowls are around $8 each, so I started to make my own! If you have a blender at home (and you should have one at home because it is so convenient for cooking!), you can skip the $8 acai bowl fee and make your own! 

Ingredients needed:

1. Frozen Fruit

2. Juice/Milk (Any sort of liquid)

3. Granola

4. Fresh fruit slices

5. Additional topings 

6. Honey

1. Buy frozen fruit from Trader Joe’s for your acai bowls! Each bag is around $2-$3 and they have a variety of frozen fruit such as raspberries, mangos, pineapples, and fruit medlies! Add your selection of fruit into the blender!

2. Add liquid into the blender with the frozen fruit so it is easy to blend. Some like to add milk to make the smoothie creamy, or juice to make it sweeter.

3. After you’ve finished blending all the way through, pour the smoothie into a bowl and add granola, fruit and whatever else you’d like! 

Kristine is a 3rd year Chemistry major at UC Santa Barbara. She was born and raised in San Francisco, CA. When she's not writing, she works with her sister to create adorable baked delicacies for The Royal Icing, their at-home bakery. She's also a ballerina, lipstick enthusiast, and bunny lover. Post-graduation, she plans on going to graduate school while continuing her writing career. Catch her on instagram @CookiesForKay