Life > Experiences

Top 10 Things To Do This Spring Break To Not Be Bored at Home!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Congratulations! You have now completed the quarter and deserve a break! It can be difficult to decide what to do during this Spring Break because it’s so short. But don’t worry, here are 10 activities to make sure you get the most out of your break:

Travel

If you’re feeling adventurous, then don’t hesitate to travel and make new memories! If you have the opportunity, then definitely think about it. We only live once and we have to make the most out of every opportunity we can. I am happy to say that I traveled spontaneously this Spring Break and do not regret it — it was the best decision I made. Explore new places safely!

Amusement Parks

Take a trip to one of the many amusement parks that California has to offer! There’s Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Six Flags, Knott’s Berry Farm and many more to choose from to hang out with friends and family.

Harry Potter World Hogwarts
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Visit Different Museums

If you’re looking to go somewhere peaceful and relaxing, then I suggest heading to a museum and looking at the masterpieces they have on display. I recently went to the Museum of Dream Space and it’s definitely worth a visit. 

Take A Trip To Descanso Garden In La Cañada Flintridge, California

It’s Springtime and you know what that means: flowers are blooming! Enjoy a beautiful stroll through the many gardens they have to offer. Get ready to take pictures and enjoy the view.

Beach Day 

Going to the beach is always fun! There are many options on what to do at the beach. If swimming isn’t your thing, don’t worry! You can go to the Santa Monica Pier and hang out in the Pacific Park or go to Heal the Bay Aquarium. Another option is having a bonfire and making s’mores! There are endless possibilities.

Catch A Movie 

Maybe you haven’t had enough time to see a movie recently with everything. But now you do! Hang out with a couple of friends or family members and watch a movie to pass the time. 

Have A Picnic 

Grab your friends or family members and take a trip to your local park to enjoy some delicious food. A little potluck is a great way to start your Spring Break.

Have A Spa Day – Self Care

This day is all about you! You deserve it after taking all those finals. Now it’s time to relax and treat yourself. Sleep in, have a bubble bath, dance your heart away, just do everything you haven’t been able to do this quarter.

Dance Your Heart Away

It’s probably been a while for some of us since we last went to a party or an event to dance, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do it in your home. You can always grab some friends and organize a little dance party to make new fun memories.

Staying Active

If staying at home isn’t your thing then don’t worry, you can always go out and stay active! Some options include going to the gym, hiking, cycling, attending Zumba classes or finding anything that you enjoy doing. Just remember to be careful and stay hydrated.

two people standing on a trail (spaced apart) with green trees all around them; the person closest to the camera has a red backpack
Kristin Ishaya

I hope these suggestions gave you an idea of what to do. Remember to take and enjoy it, it’s your time off! I wish you all a wonderful Spring Break!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.