Spring Is Coming — 7 California Flower Fields To Visit in 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Spring is the season of flower field photoshoots! From California poppies to lavenders to dandelions, I’ve compiled a list of the 7 best flower fields in California to visit in spring 2022.

Poppy Super Bloom at Diamond Valley Lake

California poppies, a clear blue lake and a possibly sunny blue sky. This clash of orange and blue is complemented with a mix of purple, white and lush green. Seriously, just look at some of the pictures and you’ll fall in love!

For this location, I recommend you wear something simple like a white dress to counter with the colorful background. 

FYI: It’s also a great spot to go fishing!

Walker Canyon at Lake Elsinore

Is this the Lorax in real life? Maybe. Is this totally Instagram-worthy? Yes, yes and yes!

Here, you’ll be surrounded by an unreal sea of orange and green, with a touch of some lavender purple. Best outfits include a floral dress with a white base and orange/purple/green patterns, a plain white dress or an orange mini dress! You can totally rock a white, orange or purple top with jeans too.

Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch

This rainbow flower field will instantly make you feel like spring. Suggested by many of my Californian friends, the flower field seems like a popular spot for college girls.

For this one, I don’t have any exact outfit recommendations — any outfit will look cute! But summer dresses tend to be the most popular look there. 

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park in the Colorado Desert

Surprise: flowers can bloom in deserts! This breathtaking view of purple and yellow flowers with desert mountains will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for most of us. 

You need to have a car to get there though, so plan a road trip if you’re planning to go!

Purple Pastures Lavender Farm in Irvine

This lavender farm is unlike any other you’ve seen. It is California’s largest wholesale lavender farm. This means that it’s taken care of very well! 

It’s known to be so beautiful that many people take yearbook portrait photos here.

Golden Gate Park in San Francisco

Always wanted to see the tulips in the Netherlands? Well, I found a shortcut for you! 

With little tulips and Dutch windmills, you can have a feel for a European vacation right here in California.

Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve in LA County

This one is similar to Lake Elsinore’s Walker Canyon but in another location. The Antelope Valley is a bit flatter and easier to walk around, so this spot might be better if you don’t want to walk too much or if you want to wear pretty shoes!

These were some of the top 7 Instagram-worthy flower fields in California. Have a good spring break and remember that happiness blooms from within!

Rio is a third-year UCLA business economics student from Japan. In her free time, you can find her hiking, dancing away at concerts, or cafe-hopping!