This Is Your Go-To Christmas Playlist This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We all know that Christmas music is essential to getting in the holiday mood. It’s refreshing to listen to Christmas songs by new artists, but it’s also comforting to listen to the classic Mariah Carey. Here is the perfect mix of old and new, and calm and pop — the top 14 Christmas songs to add to your Spotify playlist this winter:

SANta tell me — Ariana Grande

I bet no one will argue with me when I say this is one of the cutest Christmas songs ever. It’s upbeat but has a hint of strong longing for love which we can all relate to.

Underneath the tree — kelly clarkson

It’s safe to say that Kelly Clarkson’s powerful vocals never disappoint. This Christmas song conveys gratitude for companionship during the holidays — something that we can all be grateful for as we listen to this song.

The Christmas Song — Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello

This song is a cover of Nat King Cole’s “The Christmas Song.” Although the couple unfortunately broke up, we can still sense the sweetness of their romance through this gentle song.

Merry Christmas — Ed Sheeran, Elton John

Who expected a collab between the icons Ed Sheeran and Elton John? This song, especially with the music video, puts us all in a playful holiday spirit.

Santa, Can’t You Hear Me — Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande

What happens when two music queens collab? A masterpiece forms! This song complements their two seemingly different voices, with the harmony of their voices being the cherry on top.

Oh Santa! — Mariah Carey f.t. Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson

Okay, now what happens if three queens perform in one song? A masterpiece again! This song starts out immediately with an uptempo rhythm and will help you uplift your Christmas spirits!

Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree — Kacey Musgraves, Camila Cabello

This is another fun song that will get you dancing. Try putting this on when you decorate your Christmas tree!

Feliz Navidad — José Feliciano

This one is a classic — enjoyable for children and adults of all ages! This song is also three minutes, the perfect length to prepare for a round of musical chairs or a gift exchange game.

All I Want For Christmas Is You — Mariah Carey

Of course, we can’t have a Christmas playlist without this legendary song. Although this tune might get annoying after hearing it over and over again, you’d have to admit that you enjoy listening to it once in a while.

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus — Jackson 5

A childhood favorite and still a favorite, this song is another classic that is enjoyable by people of all ages.

Someday At Christmas — Stevie Wonder, Andra Day

This jazzy cover of “Someday At Christmas” is perfect for a romantic dinner on a Christmas night. Its calm, mature tone is a refresher from the other, bright and playful pop songs on this playlist.

All these songs —old and new— are catchy, timeless and perfect for your holiday playlist. Let the season of Christmas music begin!

Rio is a third-year UCLA business economics student from Japan. In her free time, you can find her hiking, dancing away at concerts, or cafe-hopping!