Here’s What You Need To Know About CicLAvia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Round up your family and friends and get ready to be active with CicLAvia! 

CicLAvia is a non-profit organization that aims to promote active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia hosts these one-day events where they close streets to car traffic and open them to everyone to use. It’s basically a park, but on the streets. 

CicLAvia hosts these events to give everyone an opportunity to come together and make new friends. Here you can walk, jog, bike, skate, roll and dance. The point is to be active and have fun! Not only that, but it’s a good way to get acclimated to the streets of Los Angeles.

Their upcoming event will take place in The Valley, from Reseda to Canoga Park. Keep in mind that the distance is 5 miles, so bring lots of water and some snacks for the road.

CicLAvia will be on Sunday, February 26, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. so make sure to arrive within one of those times. 

Also, for those of you who like to ride bikes and plan to attend this event, there will be a group bike ride starting from the Balboa Orange Line Station at 9 a.m. It will end at the Reseda Hub, which is the start of CicLAvia so it’s a win-win! 

If you cannot attend this event, do not worry! CicLAvia will host more of these events in the future. The next one is set for Sunday, April 16, 2023. However, that one will be from Pico Union to Mid City. If you are interested in finding more of their events, then be sure to look at their schedule for CicLAvia 2023.

It’s not every day that the streets are closed for everyone to get together, so enjoy your day with your family and friends!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.