Get With The Times: The Mental Game With Professional Basketball Player, Kevin Love

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Do you consider yourself one of the many college students affected with anxiety or depression? If so, you are not alone with nearly 1 in 5 college students affected, according to the latest Center for Collegiate Mental Health report.

Her Campus UCLA is partnering with The New York Times in its feature of professional basketball player, Kevin Love. Kevin Love is a well-known basketball player with many successes including being in five All-Star selections, an NBA championship, and receiving a gold medal in the Olympics and in the FIBA World Championships. While Kevin is quite familiar with success, he also knows what it’s like to struggle with anxiety and depression, as he has dealt with panic attacks before games. Going public with his battle with anxiety and depression in The Player’s Tribune, Kevin has opened up the discussion in the professional athlete and celebrity world.

Please join Her Campus UCLA in its viewing party to watch leading sports reporter for The New York Times, Juliet Macur, as she interviews Kevin about his battle with anxiety and depression. The viewing party, hosted by UCLA, will take place on November 29th at 3:30PM PST in UCLA Spiegel Auditorium which is located on the 3rd floor of Hillel. If you are unable to make it, check out The New York Times Facebook Page to live stream the excitement.

This event is supported by HBC Foundation’s HEADFIRST Program, which focuses on providing mental health support for teens and young adults.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Carly is a features writer for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time she loves to sing, write, and spend time with her friends and family. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.