This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Hot Girl 2024 is upon us. Here are some podcasts to keep you inspired and informed throughout the year:

Where Should We Begin? With Esther Perel

Step into a real-life couples counseling session with Psychotherapist Esther Perel in “Where Should We Begin.” Each episode offers an amazing exploration of human relationships with organic and enlightening insights. The podcast provides a soothing yet engaging experience and reminds the listener that we are all interconnected. Perel models exceptional listening skills and offers practical life advice that you can immediately apply. Listen in for a transformative journey through the complexities of love and relationships.

Maintenance Phase

Listening to Aubrey Gordon and Michael Hobbes debunk diet culture has done more for my relationship with food than any self-help book or eating plan. The two use their journalism backgrounds to deeply explore our perceptions of wellness and its intersection with other systemic issues. However, their relationship as friends and colleagues helps to keep the conversation light and casual. If you are looking to heal your relationship with food and your body in 2024, “Maintenance Phase” is the podcast for you.

Serial

“Serial” is the only true crime podcast I will listen to. Their season entitled “The Retrievals” about the Yale Fertility Clinic dove deep into the culture around pain and womanhood, all with the jaw-dropping twists you might expect from a true crime podcast. And their latest season “The Kids of Rutherford County” is equally as provocative. The podcast is not indulgent in any gory details or shady characters. Rather, it focuses on creating a journalistic narrative and case study for a larger systemic issue. After listening, you may walk away outraged or unsettled but ultimately with a much better understanding of our criminal justice system and the cultural forces at play surrounding it.

Modern Love

Ending on an uplifting note, the “Modern Love” podcast is perfect for the hopeless romantic. Each week, host Anna Martin chats with personal memoir writers for the “Modern Love” New York Times column to discuss their pieces and the larger stories surrounding them. The pieces range from comedic to more serious but are always heartwarming. “Modern Love” helps remind us that love comes in many forms and often in unexpected ways. It is the perfect podcast to ground you in your relationships and to restore a little bit of faith in humanity.

Amanda is a third-year student at UCLA studying Theater and English. Originally from San Francisco, she is passionate about creating and sharing women-led stories and the power of artistic mediums as a form of activism. In her free time, Amanda loves to crochet, read YA novels, and watch sitcoms.