Wellness > Health

Easy Workout Routines That You Can Do At Home During Self-Isolation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I enjoy working out in the outdoors. I love running around the park or running through the streets of LA, but given recent government orders, no one can go out without face masks. I do not wear face masks because they make it hard to breathe and make my face warm, so I had to find a way to work out at home.

Photo by Elly Fairytale from Pexels

On Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays, I do the workout below: 

*If this workout is too much, feel free to remove workouts or modify them in a way that works for you!

I repeat this three times in one workout: 

• 15 squat jumps (if your surroundings do not allow you to jump, just do these as regular squats)
  • 5 push ups (you can also start with knee push ups) 
  • 25 high knees
  • 3 minute plank
  • 10 lunges
  • 5 push ups
  • 7 squats
  • 15 squat jumps
  • 1 minute wall sit
  • 5 push ups
  • 25 high knees 

On Tuesdays/Thursdays, I log into a Zumba teacher’s class. I highly recommend taking an online course or finding a YouTube video to follow, to switch things up. I love Zumba because while I’m dancing, it does not feel like a workout. 

Yoga
Kristine Mahan / Spoon

The gym has come to our homes instead of us going to the gym! There are no more excuses to not find time to work out. Remember to take care of your body and look into healthy practices!

Allison is a feature writer at UCLA who loves hanging out at the beach and eating any kind of dessert.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.