Cookie Dough Dip with Dipping Pretzels is Served in A White Bowl on top of a red and blue placemat display

Dessert Alert: How To Easily Make Super Yummy (And Safe!) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

Baking the cookies or eating the cookie dough is a debate that has divided people for generations. If you are on Team Cookie Dough, you are well aware that the sweetness of the unbaked dough also comes with the risk of salmonella and other illnesses. Can we ever truly enjoy those spoonfuls of dough without those hesitant thoughts in the back of our head? Fear not, this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip recipe perfectly mocks the real thing, but it’s safe (and allows for the Team Bake members in your life to have their way without the argument)! 

Ingredients:

• 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese
  • ½ cup of butter, softened 
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar 
  • 3 tablespoons of brown sugar 
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavoring 
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips (or as many as you want! Don’t be limited by measurements, Queen) Note: I like to do a combination of both milk-chocolate and semi-sweet chips. It gives the “dough” a little bit of variety, and using semi-sweet helps it not become overly sweet. 

Chocolate Chips, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Cream Cheese, Butter, and Brown Sugar are displayed against a counter Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt First, put your cream cheese and softened butter in a mixing bowl. I recommend slicing your butter in the beginning to help it soften quicker. Either take a spoon or a mixer and mix the two ingredients together. If you use a mixer, use a low setting to make sure the ingredients are not overwhipped.

Cream Cheese and Softened Butter are in a Red Mixing Bowl Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt Mix until the consistency is as pictured below.

Cream Cheese and Butter are fully mixed in a red bowl Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt Next, add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.

Powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract are added to a mixture of cream cheese and butter in a red mixing bowl Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt

Once again, stir using a spoon or a mixer on a low setting until everything is well-blended. 

Powdered Sugar, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Butter, and Cream Cheese are fully blended in a red mixing bowl Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt Finally, pour in your chocolate chips and stir them into the dip with a spoon or spatula. 

Chocolate Chips are in a mixture with a stirring spactula that says Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt Now, voila! Your cookie dough dip is done. You can either start eating it immediately or let it chill in the fridge for about a half hour, so it can have a thicker consistency. It can be served with pretzels, vanilla wafers, or honey graham crackers. This sweet treat keeps well and can be refrigerated up to seven to ten days (if you don’t eat it all immediately)! Enjoy!

Cookie Dough Dip with Dipping Pretzels is Served in A White Bowl on top of a red and blue placemat display Original photo by BriannaRose Hewitt