Dear Class Of 2022, You’ve Always Been Role Models To Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With only a few weeks left until graduation, campus is filled with both joy and sentimental feelings. As a student of the Class of 2025, this is an important moment for me to acknowledge how members of the Class of 2022 have always been my role models…

Dear Class of 2022,

Congratulations on getting this far in college and life! I can’t believe you are already almost done with your college years. I’m sure each one of you has grown as a person and has made the best out of your college experience.

I wanted to write you this letter to remind you how much the Class of 2025 looks up to you. You were seniors in high school when we were freshmen, and now you are seniors in college when we are freshmen again. You were always at your full maturity and ready to move on to the next stage in life when we were still adjusting to our new settings.

woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

No, this is more than just age! You were club leaders when we were starting members. You were our tutors and mentors. You were even once our babysitters. In other words, you have always been our role models.

You are one of the groups of people that I respect the most in this world, and I always look up to you for guidance. Your achievements—club leadership positions, academic excellence, getting amazing job offers—inspire me and help motivate me to aim higher.

But it’s not only the strengths that you have shown that count. When you reveal that you got rejected from multiple clubs or when you open up that you didn’t have an internship offer until your third year, it has helped me understand that it is okay to be human too. Your failures help have supported my realistic expectations about life.

You have especially shown resilience, as you went through almost two of your most important college years online due to the pandemic. Thank you for staying strong, staying real and staying role models! This may be a temporary goodbye, but remember that the Class of 2025 will still look up to you and keep in contact!

Class of 2022, we will miss you! Good luck with your next steps in life!

From Class of 2025.

Rio is a third-year UCLA business economics student from Japan. In her free time, you can find her hiking, dancing away at concerts, or cafe-hopping!